|We have a policy of not discriminating unfairly on the grounds of race, colour, disability, creed, gender or sexual orientation. We maintain that policy not just to comply with legislation but more profoundly because:
||In practise a lot of stereotyping and discrimination is unconscious, leading to fixed patterns of thinking and institutionalisation. We encourage wherever possible the curiosity, appreciation and insight into difference. We are also willing to state and hold boundaries on acceptable behaviour. Specifically we undertake to:
- We believe it is the responsibility of all people to treat others as they would be treated. It is morally right.
- Our business is people. It makes business sense to maximise all the talents that people have.
- Attention to equality (and diversity) is an essential part of a total quality approach to service delivery.
- Research shows that culturally diverse teams operate more successfully
- Healthy communities are those which have within them groups, organisations, companies that listen to all the voices within their respective communities and stakeholder groups.
- Continually explore and seek to understand our own prejudices and stereotypes as individuals. Specifically, undertaking regular, confidential supervision of our work, with skilled and qualified supervisors. (Details available on request)
- Be prepared to review and change our work methods and attitudes in order to achieve equality.
- Ensure that in the services we provide all stakeholders interests are addressed openly.